Asian chicken salad calories
: Where can i buy a calorie counter
: Calorie intake to maintain weight
Asian Chicken Salad Calories
- Chicken salad is any salad that comprises chicken as a main ingredient. Other common ingredients include boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and a variety of mustards.
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water through 1 °C, equal to one thousand small calories and often used to measure the energy value of foods
- (caloric) of or relating to calories in food; "comparison of foods on a caloric basis"; "the caloric content of foods"
- (calorie) a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
- (caloric) thermal: relating to or associated with heat; "thermal movements of molecules"; "thermal capacity"; "thermic energy"; "the caloric effect of sunlight"
- Either of two units of heat energy
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules)
- A native of Asia or a person of Asian descent
- (asia) the largest continent with 60% of the earth's population; it is joined to Europe on the west to form Eurasia; it is the site of some of the world's earliest civilizations
- a native or inhabitant of Asia
- of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture; "Asian countries"
Mom likes my chicken
...so chicken salad is what she'll get.
Chicken salad sandwiches on cibatta bread, stuffed grape leaves (stuffed with cold veggies, rice, etc. - sorta like a salad burrito), monster cup cakes, ice cream and lemonade.
She asked me for
the chicken salad recipe, but I make this according to taste and smell. I only can recite the ingredients:
- Chopped white and dark meat chicken: cooked (duh)
- Chopped sweet apple, spritzed with lemon juice
- Celery: two stalks, chopped
- Sweet onion, not too much, just a little: chopped
- Red bell pepper, mabe 1/4 of a big one, chopped
- Chopped walnuts, about a small handful
- Dill: generous sprinkling of chopped or freeze dried
- Salt (not too much)
- Pepper (freshly gound)
- Lemon Juice, a couple of dashes...maybe 2-3 tbl spns...I dunno
- Lite Miracle Whip and Lite Mayo...a little of both, but not too much, dammit!
Mix together and let sit for
at least an hour in the fridge.
I chop the chicken and apple to about the same size pieces, small but not fine...everything else is more finely chopped.
I have also added a little sweet corn at times...but mom doesn't like it that way.
This ain't fine dining with precise recipes...but it does bring a smile and a full belly.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Heading out the door with the chicken salad and Susan in tow.
P.S. My camera lens is STILL filthy! Yuck.
Project 365 (12/07/2010) #191: Oh, the flowers of indulgence...
An impromptu evening out with Deb tonight - we dropped into the lovely Grapes in Roscoe Street for
a pint, and a complimentary tot of fabulous Diplomatico rum, which the lovely landlady was telling us about the last time we were in - a delectable Venezuelan rum, warming, spicy and vanillary...
Then we ate in Host on Hope St - a good find, to which we plan to return. A fab modern Asian menu - I opted for
corn fritters with tamarind caramel and shredded chilli to start, with Deb going for
an Asian beef salad - both were lovely. Then Deb had chicken Katsu curry with rice and pickled vegetables, while I had chilli jam chicken, coconut rice and Asian slaw - again both dishes were very tasty. Finally, Deb managed to squeeze in most of a chocolate brownie with ice cream and candied chilli, while I nearly did justice to a chocolate, orange and polenta platter conisting of a pot au chocolat, a lovely polenta cake with candied orange peel and an orange sorbet - gorgeous.
Then we had a little wander around the Georgian Quarter to burn off some of the calories
Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me, and so I couldn't capture any of this enjoyable evening to share... The best I can offer is this pretty flyer for a special deal at yet another lovely restaurant we plan to try...
Related topics: calories burned per hour how many calories in 1 egg white best sport to lose weight calories in bran flakes lose weight fast for summer juice to lose weight losing a lot of weight
- (日) 20:34:44|
- Category: None